Everyone knows we love our meat over here at The Duke.
Welcome to The Duke. We are your neighbourhood pub. This is our blog. It is a lot like us...creative, laid back, individual and up to date. You'll find the important bits of info you need with a good dose of interesting things you don't need to know but we think you might like to. Enjoy!
- Warm, organic figs, caramelised Brie cheese, balsamic reduction, Maldon salt & mushroom powder
- Beetroot juice, golden beets, caramelised goat's cheese, roasted walnuts & watercress sprouts
- Avocado, white asparagus shavings, pistachio oil & sherry soaked pomegranate
- Fig & avocado tempura with home-made balsamic vinegar ice cream
- Basil panacotta with English rhubarb & blood orange conserve
- Tasting desserts - Manchego, quince jelly & Moscate. Prickly pear jam, homemade oat biscuit & lime zest
- Little Dukes fancy dress comptition
- Duchess Jaya's acceptance speech
- The Estrella was flowing
- As was the Hawkes Ginger Beer
- New knitting recruit
- Time for Tea's spread of delicious treats
- Kourosh kicking off the afternoon's programme of live music
- Little Duchess Jaya
- The Boss hard at it!
- Organic Ilford's beautiful spread of local produce
- Head dress making was a huge hit with the Little Dukes
- Asher's Ice Cream Parlour
- Homemade bunting using Stich Fabric's generous donation of these gorgeous fabrics
- Family OI!
- View from our lovely neighbour, Linda's house
It’s hard to describe how utterly touched we all are over here having had such a fantastic response to our first Street Party.
In just a few days we are having a street party and everyone is invited!
Our good friends Coco Face will be bringing their giant nuts of hydrating goodness to the party so you can reap the rewards of raw, natural coconut water and feel utterly, tropically fantastic. It’s no accident you will find them by the main bar…those nuts taste great with a little shot of something something in them. Feeling naughty…why not add rum?!
Once Double Bass Dan has whipped us all up in to his usual toe tapping frenzy things will take an altogether more chilled turn for a couple of hours as we take our street shenanigans back to The Duke for the rest of the evening.
AS IF we would pass up the opportunity for a spot of fancy dress at our Street Party!
Wanstead Fringe Festival kicks off this weekend. A whole week dedicated to the neighbourhood with interesting ‘stuff’ happening every day in all corners for all ages.
To celebrate our new lunch menu, served Wednesday to Saturday, Midday to 3pm AND our new wine list (served daily from Midday) we are offering all lunchtime reservations throughout August a glass of house white or red on us. Call us on 020 8989 0014 and let us know you are coming!
Now that we’ve all been to coffee school over at the Nude Roastery, we want to show off our froth and practice our foam art so, every day throughout August until 3pm, coffee is just £1.